Sunday, October 28, 2012

Southwest


After the Thomas Reunion we decided to spend about a week traveling the Southwest. We started in Utah and worked south through Arizona.

We stopped in Spanish Fork and visited with my brother and his family. We  stayed with my other brother Mike and some how I ended up without any pictures of him and his cute family.

We also got some quality time in with Luke's sister's families. LOVE them!!! I wish we lived closer. :)


We drove through Manti and stopped to walk around the Manti Temple. The boys loved the HUGE hill on it's grounds.




We spent a day at Zions National Park. It was pretty hot but we managed to talk the kids into going on a hike. I mean how often are you going to have a chance to hike ZIONS. :)


We took the bus tour at Zions.


Zions views were INCREDIBLE!!


We spent the night in ST. George and really enjoyed visiting the LDS Temple's visitor center.

 

We were thrilled to visit the Grand Canyon.  We watched the Sun set. GORGEOUS!!


Mesa Arizona Temple grounds.


The Southwest was little warm for my liking. I think it was 120 degrees at one point, but the beauty sure makes up for it.


4 comments:

Tonya said...

Such a cute family! It looks like you went to many of the same places we went this summer. Fun stuff!!!

Dan Thomas said...

You really got to see a lot and make many fun memories.

Sandy said...

I think taking kids to new places is a blessing they'll love their whole lives. You guys are amazing parents!

Dan Thomas said...

I really enjoy looking at your pictures on my smart phone. (Even though it is smarter than me.)237